Esto lo copié de acá y solo quiero dejarlo para recordarme y recordarles, el alcance de esto.
On the power of storytelling
- Storytelling connects us in an emotional way that no other method of communication does.
- If you can tell a good story you can emotionally connect with your audience and get them on your side.
- “Storytelling is the most powerful way to put ideas into the world today.” – Robert McAfee Brown
- Storytelling sells more than the traditional “banging people over the head advertising”.
On where you can find your company’s stories
- Every company has stories to tell, you have to find them and bring them to life.
- You discover what those stories are by listening to your customers and employees.
- Story ideas: Your humble beginnings, customers who have overcome obstacles, employee challenges, inside the lives of leadership, community and charity partnerships.
On how to tell remarkable stories
- Tell the truth.
- Think about telling a great story as if you were a fiction author.
- If there is no problem or conflict, it’s not going to be a great story.
- The more you can talk about your characters in a human way and make your listener identify with them, the better.
- Great stories have happy endings.
- Telling a remarkable story is not a matter of length, but a matter of creativity.
- Tell stories to show why someone should be involved, not just why they should buy your product.
- Think about the goal of your story, you don’t just want to keep people captivated, you want them to do something.
On how social media and multimedia have changed how we tell stories
- You can use your mobile device to capture your story right now. The barriers to publishing your stories are lower than ever before.
- If your story doesn’t resonate, tell another story tomorrow, tell another story 2 hours from now.